SC 10 3 suspension problems - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Ski-Doo General Discussion This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. This is a 100% NO BASH ZONE. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited. Sharing of private messages from site staff is against site rules and will be subject to banning from site temporarily or permanently.

Sponsored By:Blown Motor

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2004, 11:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

hey guys, have a problem maybe somebody could help with?
'04 800 renegade, sc10-3 skid. Problem is that it seems to sag pretty bad, no matter what i set the preload at! It sits at the rear of the coupling block all the time. I can't get it to sit in the centre like it should..my 02 renegade with sc10-2 sits perfect on second preload..i moved the motion control to the harder setting as well,,no effect. sled has been like this since i picked it up..dealers says no big deal..but this isn't right, and I can't figure it out? any advice would be good..
Thanks
Renegade1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2004, 07:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Track maybe too tight?
leafspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 08:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

not sure how big you are, you may want to get stiffer rear springs. Had to do it to a 04 rev, also soft, put stiffer springs in it and fixed the probem
Old 02-18-2004, 02:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the input..Track tension is fine,, i'm bout 180 lbs, so i figure i should be able to leave my preload no more than 2...I moved the shock position up to the harder setting as well, no difference. (Its an X model) I can bottom it out on the 3rd preload without about 3 feet of air..That seems f***ed for an X? Ditchen mentioned a spring change? Is there a tougher one available? This has to be some kinda problem I can get warranty on, i would think? Maybe I should be goin to a different dealer to have a look?
Renegade1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 02:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Keep this in mind.....a couple inches of sag is not a bad thing. It's actually proper set up. the bottoming thing would concern me, but not the sag. You need to have some drop out. Same as MX bikes.You have to set them up with 4 to 5 mm's of sag........
I'm gonna buy one, get jacked up on Monster, pull out the coupler blocks, and wheelie all over little kids faces while jammin' to my I-Pod listening to thrash metal. And that's just in the parking lot of the Polaris dealer.
drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 05:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

a good rule of thumb on setting the sag is that the coupler blocks should be in the center of the stops with rider and full gear.

With your weight and the proper springs you shoud be able to set suspension to the front coupler stop (stiff)

I replace springs every other year when I rebuild the shocks and cost about $50(rear)

Like I mentioned a brand new o4 rev x had to soft of spring from factory. I am 185 dressed in gear. If you have a good dealer they may swap you, if not sell your take off springs on e-bay. I had only a $8 difference on the 04 rev after selling them the take off springs
Advertisement