1994 MXZ Suspension - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Ski-Doo General Discussion This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. This is a 100% NO BASH ZONE. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited. Sharing of private messages from site staff is against site rules and will be subject to banning from site temporarily or permanently.

Sponsored By:Blown Motor

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2003, 09:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2010 Ski-Doo Renegade 600 ETEC

I'm swapping out the C7 in my 1994 MXZ with a SC-10 out of a 1999 Mach Z.

It looks like it will slip right in. It may need new tunnel holes or brackets to attach it to the tunnel.

Does anyone have any hints or advise for the swap?

By the way, the C7 will be available if someone is interested. It is in great shape.

Thanks!!!
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2003, 09:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

It should be pretty easy to do, Make sure you take measurements out of the 99 tunnel and measure from the front driver shaft back to the front holes and the back holes then up from the bottom of the tunnel to each and transfer those measurements to your tunnel and drill new holes if you don't have steel plates where you have to drill the holes you may need to rivet in some for strength and you may need the rear plates to install into your tunnel or just move your existing ones to where you need them. Good luck and with carefull measuring it will fit .

trailhawk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 01:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

I have a 96 Formula 3 that I replaced the rear suspension in last winter with a SC 10 II. The sled had a C7 in it with the HPG shocks. The difference was night and day. To do it right you have to also get the correct brackets for the rear mounts, I ordered ones for a 97 which came with an SC 10 and measured off a 97 as well as a 2000. (Both were identical) You should move the front mount hole up by 10 mm.
formula rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement