04 800 ho high idle - HCS Snowmobile Forums

REV Chassis This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2009, 03:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

ive got an 04 mxz 800 ho when coming to a stop it stay reving about 3200 ish rpms and goes down slowly, also there is alot of black oil like spray around the clutch side plastics, could this be my pto seal? machine is new to me with 2900 mi on it, any help please
mikey61786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2009, 05:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
ive got an 04 mxz 800 ho when coming to a stop it stay reving about 3200 ish rpms and goes down slowly, also there is alot of black oil like spray around the clutch side plastics, could this be my pto seal? machine is new to me with 2900 mi on it, any help please[/b]
you can use a can of starting fluid to check the pto seal, spray a little in around behind the clutch, and listen for engine change. they did have problems with those seal. however the carb boots is what you have to watch. they start to delaminate around the aluminum reinforcment where they bolt to the engine. skidoo will tell you it is the ethenol in the gas, however i think it has alot to do with the alum. coroding, and then the bond between the rubber and alum breaks down. we have replaced 24 of them just last year alone in our small circle of people who ride together. it seems you have to change these things about everytime you fill up your gas tank. if you do have some bad ones, I here there is some aftermarket stuff now available, as the price of the skidoo ones is just plain stupid.
catklan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 07:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2014 Freeride/Gade800/ ZRT800
Previous Sled(s): Too many to list
Riding Since: 1973

Kimpex and SPI make them, the SPI one's are "new" this year, the SPI ones are a couple of bucks more but seem to be a bit more rugged, time will tell though. Kimpex @ $19.95 each & SPI @ $21.95 each. No sense buying the more expensive doo ones as they are already a known short lived failure prone P.O.S.

2014 Freeride....let it snow now!
MaineSled is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement