pilot 6.9 ski question - HCS Snowmobile Forums

REV Chassis This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2009, 05:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Can anyone tell me if the earlier 6.9 pilots had any design problems like the 5.7 pilots did? If so did ski-doo also fix that problem and what were the bad years and what year did it get corrected? I'm planning on picking up a pair that a buddy want's to get rid of and I want to put them on my Apex gt. Also does anybody know if the carbides are interchangable between the 5.7's and the 6.9's? Any ifo would be very helpfull. Thanks
sledman115mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2009, 09:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 13 gade x 1200
Previous Sled(s): 09 gade etec
Favorite Riding Area: nek
13-14 Mileage: 1270
12-13 Mileage: 1415
11-12 Mileage: 1022
10-11 Mileage: 2006

1)no -different design
2) yes -the carbides are the same patern,do your self a favor and buy 7.5 shapers for the middle and put the stockers outside
~seasled
seasled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Quote:
1)no -different design
2) yes -the carbides are the same patern,do your self a favor and buy 7.5 shapers for the middle and put the stockers outside
~seasled[/b]

Thanks for your response Seasled. I do want to try those shapers. Do you think that because my Apex Gt is a short track without studs that 7.5 inches of carbides might be to much. Also I have a fair amount of shoulder pain from authritis and I'm not looking for harder steering. I do ride very aggressivly 70% of my time. This sled currently has stock yamaha ski's with woody's doolies on it and the limitter strap has been pulled in a little. I weigh about 250#. I think it handles good the way it is but there is room for improvement. Steering effort at slower speeds in the twisties can be tough. I thought the 6.9 would help more with the heavier front end in deeper snow conditions compared to the 5.7's. Also I believe the keel is bigger in the 6.9. Any thoughts from seasled or any othe HCS members would be helpful.
sledman115mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 13 gade x 1200
Previous Sled(s): 09 gade etec
Favorite Riding Area: nek
13-14 Mileage: 1270
12-13 Mileage: 1415
11-12 Mileage: 1022
10-11 Mileage: 2006

Quote:
Thanks for your response Seasled. I do want to try those shapers. Do you think that because my Apex Gt is a short track without studs that 7.5 inches of carbides might be to much. Also I have a fair amount of shoulder pain from authritis and I'm not looking for harder steering. I do ride very aggressivly 70% of my time. This sled currently has stock yamaha ski's with woody's doolies on it and the limitter strap has been pulled in a little. I weigh about 250#. I think it handles good the way it is but there is room for improvement. Steering effort at slower speeds in the twisties can be tough. I thought the 6.9 would help more with the heavier front end in deeper snow conditions compared to the 5.7's. Also I believe the keel is bigger in the 6.9. Any thoughts from seasled or any othe HCS members would be helpful.[/b]
6" shapers if no studs
~sea
seasled is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement