Help! X-conversion of 03, windshield and bars - HCS Snowmobile Forums

REV Chassis This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2008, 10:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

****I tried to search the forum first, so please no bashing....just looking for help***

I have an 03 Blair Morgan Rev with the stock windshield and bars(why does this model have a grnapa shield? ). I want to convert to 440x style, but wonder what is out there besides the factory ski -doo kit.

Can some one please list, or point to a link that shows exactly what I will need? I think I remember reading about using A/C sno pro bars with after market riser? I am also not against Pro tapers and any other suggestions, please list what you think works best-

Lowest shield
Best riser, and size in inches
Do I need a new brake line?
Stock throttle or conversion?
What bars? If you recommend mx bars what bend?
grips?

And pics would be great!
tughillprox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2008, 12:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2012 Assault Switchback 800
Previous Sled(s): 14 XF8000, 11 Assault, REV 800s
Favorite Riding Area: http://tallpines.org
13-14 Mileage: 1700
12-13 Mileage: 2200
11-12 Mileage: 1600
10-11 Mileage: 2500
Riding Since: 1983

Quote:
****I tried to search the forum first, so please no bashing....just looking for help***

I have an 03 Blair Morgan Rev with the stock windshield and bars(why does this model have a grnapa shield? ). I want to convert to 440x style, but wonder what is out there besides the factory ski -doo kit.

Can some one please list, or point to a link that shows exactly what I will need? I think I remember reading about using A/C sno pro bars with after market riser? I am also not against Pro tapers and any other suggestions, please list what you think works best-

Lowest shield
Best riser, and size in inches
Do I need a new brake line?
Stock throttle or conversion?
What bars? If you recommend mx bars what bend?
grips?

And pics would be great! [/b]
I just did the conversion from an 04 this weekend.

I already had a low sheild on it.

you techincally dont need a shield, but you can buy the stock x package yellow ones on ebay or from parted out x package sleds.

I would highly recommend dootalk.com for info on this as that is where I got mine and why your search came up emtpy.

the best riser IMO is from a guy on dootalk.com "Idooski"

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...&hl=idooski

good thread on an install: http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...&hl=idooski

that said...

you need:

1. riser block
2. riser (pivot) adapter
3. handlebar
4. handlebar pad
5. (optional) windshield

that is really all you need to do it. I took the stock bar off and put a 6" riser from Idooski that included a flat X style handlebar and riser adapter - and I only had to reroute the brake line around the oil tank no throttle extentions needed.

because the sled has a flat top steering post you need something for the riser to mount on. Powermadd sells a pivot adapter
Idooski has a bar adapter that is basically a cut down handlebar - so you use the bar clamps and bolts that are already there. he charges $12 for the adapter whereas the powermadd one is like $50 alone.
here's a pic from one of those threads of the adapter [attachment=411216:untitled.JPG]

the hardest part for me was actually getting the grips back on when I had taken them off. I just undid the brake master cylinder and the handwarmer box that exposed the bar warmer wire (warmer and grip are 1 piece).

I just twisted the grip off slowly and to get it off completely I had to undo the handlebar so I could get more cable. then I did the bar back up to do the grip on the other side.

Putting them on you should use hairspray IMO. I tried using heat and some wd40 and then hit it with a rubber mallet and it worked but was a PITA... I have read that some had destroyed the handwarmers. you really shouldn't be able to if you're careful as the grip and heater element are 1 unit with a hard plastic insert that is what the grips touches the bar with.

cheers
killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 05:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Advanced Member

I got the ski doo x kit and it came with the nice bars with the bends in it and all the parts you need. if priced out sepret would cost more
windshield
handgards
bars
new heated Throttle
a better kill switch
riser
riser adapter
sticker
heated grips
riser pad
doodawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 01:20 AM   #4 (permalink)

Current Sled(s): 2003 MXZ rev 600 HO

I have a 03' Rev and the previous somewhat of an X-package conversion (not really) but its another option. Removed stupid moving windshield.. added low ski-doo windshield with "ski-doo-X" decal. Removed the plastic pieces on the bar, ground off top tabs. Added 3" Riser block, ski-doo leather bar pad, and throttle extensions. I think that was about it. But now i'm buying a set of Fly racing mini bend bars, rsi 90 degre j hooks, Powermadd Handguards, & since the bar warmers don't work, gettin rsi high power grip heater elements with the grips that cover both bar and hooks. Here are some pics of the setup now.

[attachment=643210:phprFrIdVPM.jpg]

[attachment=643212:phpHSqV7fAMsdBAM.jpg]

Attached Images
File Type: jpg phprFrIdVPM.jpg (51.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg phpHSqV7fAMsdBAM.jpg (24.6 KB, 11 views)

99' GMC Sierra Classic http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3852162

team45rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement