Bad gas mileage 2004 600 HO - HCS Snowmobile Forums

REV Chassis This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2007, 08:07 AM   #1 (permalink)

Purchased a 04 600 HO couple years back and had been getting 10mpg until now.... This past year I put in new Cudney Pistons and rings and had my clutch gone over. After I did the top end I got 85 miles out of my tank. So I knew I had clutch issues so I brought that in and had it gone over. Replaced rollers and pins and first tank after that was done I put on 80 miles and it took 8 gallons. GREAT. Was happy and thought my woes were over. Took the sled out this past weekend on some local(Not to great trails) and got terrible mileage. 54 miles out of one tank. I thought I had a leak ...Lucky I now carry a Gerry tank. Anyway, what could possible be the issue? My bottom end is a tad sluggish but other than that it runs great, it does seem like it smokes on start more then it has been. I plan to pull the exchaust valves out today and clean them. Anyone else have some ideas I can try so I can have a nice 8-10 mpg gallon on my up coming vacation?
gritty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2007, 03:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Advanced Member

My brother has the same problem with his 2004 Rev 600 HO. He installed a fuel buddy that flows into his tank automatically. I think it's 4 gallons. Now his 460 lb sled weighs 490.
douglasmdike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 07:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Check your reeds
Old 02-20-2007, 09:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

Had the same problem after I had the dealer replace my rings/pistons due to the "flaking" issue on my 2003 600 HO REV. After this I was getting 6-8 mpg and running terrible. Compression was great and oiler was set up per BRP specs. I changed the needles and lowered my main jets to 370's. Also moved the teflon spacers from below to above the circlip on the needles. Sled runs perfect and very strong now. I'm not sure of the connection between the ring/piston change to the bad gas mileage, but I have read many posts of people have the same issue (on dootalk also). Hope this helps.
vtrevrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:05 AM   #5 (permalink)

Forgot to add I am now getting approximately 11 MPG. Reeds looked fine as well as the carb boot and airbox.
vtrevrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

I run an 800HO Gade and I am getting on average between 16-18 MPG with it another guy I ride with has a 600HO and gets about the same as I do
trailhawk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement