mxz 800 06 oil pump adjustment - HCS Snowmobile Forums

REV Chassis This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2007, 07:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Thanks in advance,
I have a 06 mxz800 x, what is the proper cable adjustment free play on the oil pump. I think it is 16.5mm. mine is 17.5. If I tighten up the cable do i get more or less oil. It makes sense to me if I adjust it to the 16.5mm i will get more oil since there will be less cable play. I seem to be using alot of oil now that is why I'm looking to make the adjustment, thanks again
Petermxzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2007, 09:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2005 mxz Renegade 600 SDI
Previous Sled(s): 2001 skandic, 1989 Tundra, 1962 Husky
Favorite Riding Area: Snow Road, ON & Parc Papineau
Riding Since: 1980

Shorter cable gap = higher oil consumption
Not sure about 06 800 but 05 600 SDI info is attached. Oil pump cable adjustment is more than just one measurement. (see attached)
I had high oil consumption and fouling plugs when I first got the 05 600 SDI Renegade. It was set to manufacturers specifications but the gas oil ratio was 20 to 1. I adusted the cable gap a little at a time and am now running about 40 to 1 with good performance.
Also you should check Dootalk.com or the manufacturer for information specific to your engine.
Best way to determine gas oil ratio is to accurately measure consumption and do the math.
Best of luck!

(image is reduced...If you can't read it copy and paste to computer and zoom out)

[attachment=295733:oil_pump...justment.jpg]
Old 03-14-2007, 08:18 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for all the help everyone! What a great Forum... Unfortunately with it being 67 today this might have to wait until next season .

THANKS AGAIN!
Shocker13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement