2000 MXZ 700 Stator Question - HCS Snowmobile Forums

REV Chassis This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2006, 09:04 AM   #1 (permalink)

I am helping a friend with a 2000 MXZ 700 problem. The stator quit working on the 700 so we found a different stator and flywheel on E-bay. The add said it was for a 2000 MXZ but when we got it and installed it we found the wirieng was slightly different and came off a MXZ 440.

This is where my question gets confusing - I will do my best to explain my question:

Both stators have 3 electrical connectors and two are the same configuration and wire colors. The third plug has 4 pin connector (440 stator) vs the orgional 3 pin connector (on the old MXZ 700). The wires in this connector are the same color except the MXZ 440 stator has an aditional white wire. We compaired both the stators wire wraps and connection points and every thing looks the same except the white wire hooks to a connecion on the stator. The old stator has the same connection point but is not used. Aditionaly, the new 440 stator is slightly thicker than the old stator but fits on the 700.

My initial thoughs are to just remove the white wire, change the connectors, and use it.

Any thoughts?

lmahlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement