2013 sno pro 600 - Page 2 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Arctic Cat General Discussion This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. This is a 100% NO BASH ZONE. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited. Sharing of private messages from site staff is against site rules and will be subject to banning from site temporarily or permanently.

Sponsored by: Sled Tuner

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2013, 09:57 PM   #11 (permalink)

Current Sled(s): '13 Snopro 600
Previous Sled(s): ZR600 2002
Favorite Riding Area: Big Fork River
Riding Since: 15

I have to keep this short and sweet, at work and not a lot of time. Kibbert is a good buddy of mine and he is posting based on my experiences and us riding together. I have had a few sleds ZR600, and XF1100 turbo are my most recent, and i can tell you i wouldnt trade my 13 SX for the world. Call me a poser call me whatever you like. I have had many of your run of the mill skidoos and polaris try to keep up in the trails twisting and turning and I end up waiting for them every time. Its a little rough on the edges this i cannot deny. I would be more then happy to chat on the side with you about what i have learned my air pressures for shocks tips for jetting and oil mixtures. I can say this with 100% certainty that i have never and will never ride an all around better, more exciting and exhilarting sled. Lastly and kibbert can vouche for me on this one, but the sled gives me confidence i have never had on any other sled, it is so forgiving when setup correctly, I have even gone to the extent of going to ERX to start to learn how to ride on the track. I would love to elaborate on this but i have to go good luck and send me a message if you want!
bleedthegreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2013, 10:16 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg B. View Post
the 2013 sx is a terrible trail sled. the XC is a great trail sled on the other hand. There are some many differences in the 2, you are better off getting a XC and be done with it.
Listen to Greg B. If you want to SX race or goof around an sx is OK. If you want to be serious in the ditch, or rough cross country stuff, buy an XC and save yourself several G's. Only a a seriously uniformed person would think a SX sled is useful for anything other than SX. Not trying to be an A-hole ....just trying to help.
2lapsdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): r and a hacked togeather Snopro
Previous Sled(s): Xf700, F7sp, F5, ZLs,Zrs, Ext, Jags, el tigre
Favorite Riding Area: Back home In the Yoop
10-11 Mileage: 2000
Riding Since: 1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21sledrider View Post
but what if i Reflash to XC?

you then have a sno cross sled with a retarded ignition in it.
Greg B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:25 AM   #14 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2012 Sno Pro 500 Mod

On 91 negative 1 is a good place for the timing. For your oil ratio for pre mixing you will want this
Amazon Amazon
. Buy jets from like 450 to 490 pretty good range. Here's a link to buy jets http://www.mfgsupply.com/snowmobile/snowcarb/snowcarbjets/snowcarbmainjets.html?p=2. I recommend buying more than one set of these there tiny and easy to lose. Your going to need a socket to get the jets out the speedwerx tool for them is a joke. If you need help jetting just ask.
Kibbert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:08 AM   #15 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): Cat Race Braaper
Favorite Riding Area: tug hill
12-13 Mileage: 1200
11-12 Mileage: 750
10-11 Mileage: 1600
Riding Since: 1987

Quote:
im buying a 2013 sno pro 600 in the next week or so and its a SX, im getting it for cheap and its all straight, not many hours, and vie heard that to ditch bang a SX you need to put more coolers on it, i guess what im asking is that does the SX have a smaller cooler then a XC does? and do you need to reflash the cdi or ecu to make trail ridable? and doesn't anyone know how hard it is to put oil injection on it?
you shoulda posted in the race sled section of the forums.

the coolers are the same. u don't need coolers whoever said that is retarded lol. what you should get though is the extra idler wheels the xc sled has so u don't burn thru sliders in 100 miles.

for oil injection see my thread.
Just finished Holtzman atacc and oil injection install

definitely do the remap. and follow the XC sleds jetting charts.
changing jets on the SX sled is pretty easy. yank the exhaust can. on the XC is harder because the F'ing sway bar is in the way.
USCC #143 USCC Cross Country Racing
ECS #143 East Coast Snocross
SHCRA #143 SHCRA
Cat Race Braaper
Syracuse, NY
gerard143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:11 AM   #16 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
ok, it wont run right without reheating it for temps?? i don't reget my f5 for temps and it runs fine, im use to efi on my 2010 son pro 500, and by damage what do you mean? and how can i get it reflashed to XC and how much would that cost?

jet is as fat as the charts show for the shittiest coldest lowest elevation condition you will ever be in. then it shouldn't blow up but it will be rich in a lot of situations as well. most stock carb'd sleds come jetted that way because they figure most people won't rejet so it covers most situations but your not running optimum for max power.

arctic cats race department does the reflash for racers for free (we pay return shipping though). they might do yours for free. if not speedwerx wants like 500 for it. have whoever originally bought it thru the race department do it for ya.

Team Arctic Snowmobile Racing Department
17442 US Hwy 59 NE
Thief River Falls, MN 56701
SHCRA #143 SHCRA
Cat Race Braaper
Syracuse, NY
Old 05-22-2013, 05:14 AM   #17 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2lapsdown View Post
There is nothing more useless than a snocross sled that you are not going to snocross race. Other than the poser factor they suck. Shocks, springs, gears, drivers, tank, reflash....and thats just getting started. Do some research. You will spend a small fortune.

my sx is actually quite nasty on the trail and up until I got the XC I felt it was the best sled I've ever been on. once I got the XC I realized how stiff the SX was though. lol.

for trail the XC is definitely a much better all around setup.
SHCRA #143 SHCRA
Cat Race Braaper
Syracuse, NY
Old 05-22-2013, 05:20 AM   #18 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
but what if i Reflash to XC?

here's whats different still.

seat
snowflap
shock valving all the way around
no sway bar installed stock
all three rear suspension springs are different
both clutches are clutched different
no gauges and harness is different at console
different gearing
different cdi mapping
different track
no idler wheel package for the sliders
small gas tank
carb vent tubes are vented to engine compartment versus inside airbox
pilot jets are diff
main jets are diff
skis are diff

The bottom gear alone is like $175 racer price.
springs aren't too bad but you need the valving done to match it.

clutching you could deal with as is for a bit but tank, idler wheels, cdi remapping, springs, valving, carb vent tubes and jetting are pretty much essential for a good reliable trail riding machine. the skis I would swap out too or else your f'ing arms will fall off trying to steer it. They are too damn aggressive for the trail and cause hairy situations sometimes.

The sx sleds really are a completely different setup. Before I rode the XC I still felt the SX was the best sled I've ever been on. But once I rode the XC going back to trail riding the SX never happened lol. I realized then how ridiculously stiff the SX is on the trails.
SHCRA #143 SHCRA
Cat Race Braaper
Syracuse, NY
Old 05-22-2013, 05:22 AM   #19 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedthegreen View Post
I have to keep this short and sweet, at work and not a lot of time. Kibbert is a good buddy of mine and he is posting based on my experiences and us riding together. I have had a few sleds ZR600, and XF1100 turbo are my most recent, and i can tell you i wouldnt trade my 13 SX for the world. Call me a poser call me whatever you like. I have had many of your run of the mill skidoos and polaris try to keep up in the trails twisting and turning and I end up waiting for them every time. Its a little rough on the edges this i cannot deny. I would be more then happy to chat on the side with you about what i have learned my air pressures for shocks tips for jetting and oil mixtures. I can say this with 100% certainty that i have never and will never ride an all around better, more exciting and exhilarting sled. Lastly and kibbert can vouche for me on this one, but the sled gives me confidence i have never had on any other sled, it is so forgiving when setup correctly, I have even gone to the extent of going to ERX to start to learn how to ride on the track. I would love to elaborate on this but i have to go good luck and send me a message if you want!
ya I agree. these sleds are badass. way better then the trail versions. the chassis tweaks the racer has help a ton.

best sleds I've ever had bar none.
SHCRA #143 SHCRA
Cat Race Braaper
Syracuse, NY
Old 05-22-2013, 08:19 AM   #20 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2013 sno pro 600
Previous Sled(s): 2010 sno pro 500, 2005 f5, 2004 mountain cat 900 151, zr 600
12-13 Mileage: 300
Riding Since: 3

ok thanks guys! and sorry im new to HCS lol haven't been here a lot! this really helped!
21sledrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement