Arctic Blue oil - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Arctic Cat General Discussion This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. This is a 100% NO BASH ZONE. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited. Sharing of private messages from site staff is against site rules and will be subject to banning from site temporarily or permanently.

Sponsored by: Sled Tuner

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2004, 03:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 99 ZRT 600
Previous Sled(s): had a 94 Wildcat 700
Thumbs up

I asked this on a different forum also, But I found a synthetic oil called Arctic Blue at Fleet-Farm. It claims to be low oder and low smoke and good enough for any of the new engines. The price is about $19 a gallon for a full synthetic. Has anyone out there used this oil? I got kinda mixed opinions on the other board about it. I don't want to start a which is best oil thing here, just looking for your thoughts on the stuff, I have been using the green Cat oil and I can't stand the smell and the Arctic Blue is about the same price. I don't have exhaust valves so that is not a concern for me although the container says its good for valve engines. It reads good on the jug but the cheap price has me wondering. I don't hear much good about the green cat oil and it has not burnt up so maybe the Arctic Blue will be OK also. Tom
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2004, 09:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2014 ZR7000
Previous Sled(s): 2012 Turbo Limited 141
Favorite Riding Area: Pickerel/Crandon
13-14 Mileage: 2700
12-13 Mileage: 1249
11-12 Mileage: 1915
10-11 Mileage: 1000
Riding Since: 12

Any syn oil is better than OEM regular oils. Use what you feel and are comfortable with. I have used the regular Arctic Blue in air cooled and have had good results. :banana: The regular Amsoil is about the same price per gallon.
Old 10-22-2004, 03:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 99 ZRT 600
Previous Sled(s): had a 94 Wildcat 700

Hi, That is kinda what I was thinking, it can't be worse than the cat green mineral oil. I wanted to try klotz or Ipone synthetic but can't find it close to me, I don't want the hassle of having to order oil all the time. I have even thought about trying skidoo oil as walmart has it just a couple blocks away from me. Tom
Old 10-22-2004, 08:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Amsoil is perfectly fine for a 94 Wildcat. I ran the regular stuff in my 93 and it worked awesome. No issues and very little carbon build up on the piston domes. They don't need the expensive, super clean oils like the power valved motors.

If it aint a CAT it's a DOG!
When HELL freezes over I'll ride there too!!
"Never argue with an idiot because they will drag you down to their level and defeat you with experience".
hate2looz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 08:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Auggie

Well, I have used Arctic Blue oil for years and have never had a problum. I have used the Semi-synthetic that sells for $10.99 a gallon and $9.99 a gallon on sale. I cleaned my APV at 1400 miles and haven't cleaned them since. I know have 3518 miles and they are still OK. I just keep my eye on the servo motor and cables.

Auggie
Old 10-23-2004, 01:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

I like your little window trick. What did you use for the windows?

If it aint a CAT it's a DOG!
When HELL freezes over I'll ride there too!!
"Never argue with an idiot because they will drag you down to their level and defeat you with experience".
Old 10-23-2004, 04:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Auggie

I just took a drumel tool and cut out the windows and glued on some clear plastic pices.

Auggie
Old 10-23-2004, 04:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

in case you guys didnt know it cat now has a clear servo cover!!! i think its a replacement for them all now...steve

fixer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 06:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally posted by fixer5000@Oct 23 2004, 02:26 PM
in case you guys didnt know it cat now has a clear servo cover!!! i think its a replacement for them all now...steve
<div align="right">
[/quote]
I have that "clear" cover on my 04 F7 but the problem is that it's opaque and not clear as Cat had indicated it was going to be. :banghead:

If it aint a CAT it&#39;s a DOG!
When HELL freezes over I&#39;ll ride there too!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement