Hardcore Sledder banner

Need seat cleaning tips

8K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  mxz800ho 
#1 ·
My 03 F-7 has a black/ green seat . On left side, it looks as if belt dust stained the green part of the seat and riders leg really worked it in deep. I tried an orange type cleaner, greased lightenting degreaser, disloves-all, WD40, 409, nothing seems to remove it. Any suggestions????..............thanks .......tigger

#2 ·
Castrol Super Clean or Spray Nine works really good. Spray it on and let it soak for a while, then scrub with a brush to get into the pores of the seat. Another thing that works awesome is take Comet and mix it with dish soap so it makes a paste. Take a rag and scrub it on and rub. This works really good because it has some grit in it and it even is great on tunnels and aluminum wheels(on my truck). Good luck! :flag_canada:

#3 ·
Brake clean or electrical contact cleaner takes it right off, use sparingly, do small section @ a time, use just enough to take out stain, in other words DON'T SOAK area. wipe immediately, the rest evaporates no problem.

#6 ·
F7tool is right, brake clean works great! just be carefull.
i put a little on a rag and wipe all the black gunk off the
red of my xc seat right off! i don't think i'd spray it on the
seat directly though. look at it this way, you all ready have
some in the garage for cleaning your clutches, right? works
great for degreasing under the hood too :div20:

#8 ·
Thanks, for all the responses. I have tried Castrol cleaner, its about the same as Greased Lightening. which works very well in most cases. but not this time. I will try brake clean or if I can get my hands on goof off. I did try carb cleaner, and it did work, but not perfectly, got 90 to 95% of the stain out.. Just kinda hesitant to use harsh chemicals on a perfectly good seat if you know what I mean.. But if you guys have used it with no permanent discoloration, then what the hell, I'll give it a try............thanks again .......tigger......... You guys know what its like to summerize 4 of your own sleds? I am very fussy with my stuf and all my sled look great. I do everything from the track to ski's as far a storage. polish/wax/fog/oil/grease/loosen/remove/paint/sta-bil/......thanks once again.............tigger

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.