Hardcore Sledder banner

F7 Big Bore help and opinions NEEDED!

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  fearlesscrazycat 
#1 ·
Ok so here's my situation I bought a 2004 f7 at the end of the winter for cheap I've got a crossfire chassis to but the f7 in. The f7 has never been rebuilt but has a ridiculous amount of kms on it. Plan was to replace pistons and have cylinders re nickeled if needed and add pipes and such for horsepower gain. After looking at RK Tek big bore kit that looks like a better road to take a little more pricy but tons of power and reliable. Any feedback on these kits? Any that are better then others or should I stay away from big bores? Any help and opinions are greatly appreciated thanks guys

#2 ·
Do a search a lot has been written on the Big Bore F7 kits. Remember the 05 800 Mod was based ALL OFF A F7 MOTOR. It is a F7 motor that has been bore to a 800 with a big exh port and 2 shims gaskets. Now that also had a hot ECU and high Comp ratio with a head that was cut for short full throttle runs.
SO do the search. see what they have to say and make a choice.

#5 ·
I got 164 HP out of my big bore F7 and thats after dyno tuning, personally refresh your engine with stock 700 specs and kick ass, the F7 is fast enough as is. Unless your lake racing all day. Leave it stock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.