electric starter problem?? - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Arctic Cat General Discussion This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. This is a 100% NO BASH ZONE. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited. Sharing of private messages from site staff is against site rules and will be subject to banning from site temporarily or permanently.

Sponsored by: Sled Tuner

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2006, 12:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Advanced Member

My wife's Z370 has something wierd going on with the electric strater and I need help. Turn key to start engine, starter engages, engine starts, starter disengages enough that the teeth aren't touching but keeps on spinning. I can take the key out, hit the kill switch engine goes off but starter keeps spinning until I disconnect the battery. I would appriciate any help becuase I don't even know were to start on this one. Sled does start and run fine with the pull starter, but she'll use elctric start to give the kids rides around the yard when I'm not here.... thanks
BOXER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2006, 03:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Sounds like your soleloid switch is stuck.If you follow your battery cables you will see where your red cable bolts onto it on one side and also bolts onto it on the other side.There should also be a small wire going to the small terminal on its side.This solinoid switch is what controls power to the starter motor.I seen me years ago on a vehicle ,have to tap mine to get the car engine to stop turning.The small wire comes from the key switch and when connected lets power go through the solinoid to the other side.By putting a jumper cable from the battery side over to the starter side you can activate the starter without the key on but the engine shouldnt start.Try tapping it when it sticks on and it will tell you whether it is bad.I am positive this is your problem.
cattmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 12:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

:cn: CATMAN is 100% correct. I had the same problem with a 01 panther. The selenoid was located under the battery tray, holy moly, it is very tight down there to work. I took the tray out and inslalled a new selenoid that way, and now it all works perfect. PS; it took me about 2 hours. A 6 pack job. :beer:
Advertisement