New Fighter Pilot Ready to Ride!! - Page 3 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

XFire 128/Firecat(03-06 & 09-?) This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2010, 01:30 PM   #21 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 14 600-RR, 10 SnoPro500, 07 F6LXR (wife's)
Previous Sled(s): too many Cats.......way too many ...
Favorite Riding Area: VT,Tug Hill, Moosehead/Rangley
13-14 Mileage: 1025 ++
12-13 Mileage: 1800
11-12 Mileage: ice skated
10-11 Mileage: 1440
Riding Since: 1975
Default You are wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03F7Patriot2 View Post
Well since you asked,

1) Color

2) If it's an 03 ? 04 was the year the Fighter Pilot Ed's where made.

3) The Color, Arctic Cat didn't make an Black Ed Fighter Pilots only Grey, not Red , not Blue, they made them in Grey to replicate the color of the airplanes.

4) The Grey color not only was on the hood but also the belly, so all the lower belly pan & plastic was grey.

5) The Fighter Pilot Edition, was like the Nightfire and Black Widow edition sleds they only were offered in one color

So again this is a GREAT tribute and I mean that with all due respect because it is a sweet looking sled, but again I dont believe it to be an original 04 Fighter Pilot. And if I am wrong, which I dont think I am, take your vin goto your local cat dealer and have him check it, if it is original , you have one extremely RARE cat. Like 1 in a million rare.

Trust me when I say,. this is my favorite Firecat ever made, I have watched them for a long time, and to the best of my knowledge they only came in Grey, also for those who doubt this, try and find another one.

Here is an original for example:

2004 F7 fighter pilot 2100 miles - SledNH.com

Again Beautiful Sled and a great tribute!

Also here is another example of an 04 F6 Fighter Pilot

FS- 04 Arctic cat F6 sno pro- Fighter pilot edition - Snowmobile Forum: Your #1 Snowmobile Forum

Oct 25, 2010 ... very rare 2004 f7 fighter pilot edition. these graphics were produced on the f5 f6 f7, only 1200 were produced for north america, ... So when I say 1 in a million, not joking, this would be an extremely rare sled!

Also I wish i would of known this one was for sale before I baught my Patriot, this one had a bad reputation here in Cicero, use to own the lake big D & D 1010 BB inside. Pretty sweet sled.

2004 FIGHTER PILOT FIRECAT WITH F1000 MOTOR FOR SALE - Forums - American Snowmobiler Online Community

And again I mean no disrespect to GreenF7postlake your sled is beautiful, if it was mine I would have it checked out, because if it is original, you have something extremely rare.
I think you need to get your facts straight..... and you are wrong. Cat did make the fighters in red and black along with the silver (which is most common). Unless, of course, Cat pre-seasoned me something they didn't make when I bought my 04 F6 SP Fighter Pilot in Red. And they are selling parts for sleds that they didn't make since they have parts available for red and black (See here for instance: 2004 ARCTIC CAT FIRECAT LE PARTS - BELLY PAN (Fighter) ). And I have the printed promotional fliers for sleds they didn't make. I could keep going.

Yes, the NightFire and Black Widow were only available in Black...for a reason. Same as the Tony Stewart sleds are only in orange. But the rest of the LE model were available in color choices. I know someone has the production numbers for each style & color for each year...maybe they can chime in here with the number of black Fighters. From what I remember, silver was most popular, followed by the red and black had the lowest numbers. The rarest ever Limited Edition (I was told) was the 03 green Canadian Edition F5 SnoPro.... I guess only 2 or 3 were made....

And where did you see anything about it being a 03 ?? I don't see anywhere that there is a yr posted.

1999 Chaparral Sunesta 233 LE
Scuba year 'round
Australia and South Pacific Islands

taperk600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2010, 01:35 PM   #22 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2000 XCSP 500, 97 XC 700, 97 XC 440
Previous Sled(s): Still own many old Indy's
Favorite Riding Area: Birchwood, WI
Riding Since: 1986

I have to agree that 03F7Patriot2 is WAY WRONG and should not post his "Facts" when he doesn't know what he is talking about. The Fighter Pilot Edition was produced in Silver, Black, and Red. Green was not one of the colors. Silver is the most common. Go to Country Cat Home and look under oem parts at the 2004 lineup and it lists each sled and the colors.
80zfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 02:43 PM   #23 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2006 F7 Sno Pro
11-12 Mileage: 2
10-11 Mileage: 6

where do you find out what the limited edition sled are going to be. on the cat website?
Nick8692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 02:53 PM   #24 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03F7Patriot2 View Post
Well since you asked,

1) Color

2) If it's an 03 ? 04 was the year the Fighter Pilot Ed's where made.

3) The Color, Arctic Cat didn't make an Black Ed Fighter Pilots only Grey, not Red , not Blue, they made them in Grey to replicate the color of the airplanes.

4) The Grey color not only was on the hood but also the belly, so all the lower belly pan & plastic was grey.

5) The Fighter Pilot Edition, was like the Nightfire and Black Widow edition sleds they only were offered in one color

So again this is a GREAT tribute and I mean that with all due respect because it is a sweet looking sled, but again I dont believe it to be an original 04 Fighter Pilot. And if I am wrong, which I dont think I am, take your vin goto your local cat dealer and have him check it, if it is original , you have one extremely RARE cat. Like 1 in a million rare.

Trust me when I say,. this is my favorite Firecat ever made, I have watched them for a long time, and to the best of my knowledge they only came in Grey, also for those who doubt this, try and find another one.

Here is an original for example:

2004 F7 fighter pilot 2100 miles - SledNH.com

Again Beautiful Sled and a great tribute!

Also here is another example of an 04 F6 Fighter Pilot

FS- 04 Arctic cat F6 sno pro- Fighter pilot edition - Snowmobile Forum: Your #1 Snowmobile Forum

Oct 25, 2010 ... very rare 2004 f7 fighter pilot edition. these graphics were produced on the f5 f6 f7, only 1200 were produced for north america, ... So when I say 1 in a million, not joking, this would be an extremely rare sled!

Also I wish i would of known this one was for sale before I baught my Patriot, this one had a bad reputation here in Cicero, use to own the lake big D & D 1010 BB inside. Pretty sweet sled.

2004 FIGHTER PILOT FIRECAT WITH F1000 MOTOR FOR SALE - Forums - American Snowmobiler Online Community

And again I mean no disrespect to GreenF7postlake your sled is beautiful, if it was mine I would have it checked out, because if it is original, you have something extremely rare.

Please don't talk out of your ass, there is red, black and gray patriots.

2004 ARCTIC CAT FIRECAT LE PARTS - HOOD AND WINDSHIELD ASSEMBLY (600 EFI Fighter)
my cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 03:02 PM   #25 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): N/A
Previous Sled(s): 2012 XF1100T, 2012 8 RUSH LE,03 F7BB, 08 IQR 600, 05 Poo 900
Favorite Riding Area: Cranberry Lake, Tug Hill
13-14 Mileage: not enough
12-13 Mileage: some
11-12 Mileage: more
10-11 Mileage: little
Riding Since: 1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by my cats View Post
Please don't talk out of your ass, there is red, black and gray patriots.

2004 ARCTIC CAT FIRECAT LE PARTS - HOOD AND WINDSHIELD ASSEMBLY (600 EFI Fighter)

Not talking Patriots, and not talking out my ass, show me a red, blue Fighter Pilot, not Patriot, please feel free and show me, actually show me another Black Edition F6 please, because I can not find one any where. So again not talking out my ass, just stating fact.

And please get your fact's straight, there is no such thing as a Gray Patriot either.

How people treate you is their karma; how you react is yours .....

http://youtu.be/iMixjmTzACI

http://s958.photobucket.com/user/swannee/library/
03F7Patriot2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 03:30 PM   #26 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Sorry saw your patriot in you're av, meant to say fighter, SILVER FIGHTER is the most common but not the only one. Click on my link above and it will prove you are talking out of your ass.
my cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 03:34 PM   #27 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by my cats View Post
Sorry saw your patriot in you're av, meant to say fighter, SILVER FIGHTER is the most common but not the only one. Click on my link above and it will prove you are talking out of your ass.

Your right I stand corrected, but this is my first Black I have ever seen, never seen a red and only have seen SILVER. Maybe I am not as worldly as yourself but when I disagree with someone I dont tell them they are talking out of their ass. I just tell them they are wrong. A little class goes along way.

Old 10-31-2010, 03:35 PM   #28 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80zfreak View Post
I have to agree that 03F7Patriot2 is WAY WRONG and should not post his "Facts" when he doesn't know what he is talking about. The Fighter Pilot Edition was produced in Silver, Black, and Red. Green was not one of the colors. Silver is the most common. Go to Country Cat Home and look under oem parts at the 2004 lineup and it lists each sled and the colors.

Thank you I took your recommendation and I stand corrected, thanks! I was wrong!

Old 10-31-2010, 03:37 PM   #29 (permalink)
jet
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2012 F1100 Turbo sno pro
Previous Sled(s): 2008 F1000 sno pro 2003 F7 sno pro
12-13 Mileage: 2700
11-12 Mileage: 1300
10-11 Mileage: 2500
Riding Since: 1983

I'll share a bit of info from a good source. There were 36 versions of the 2004 Firecat "Fighter" available. You had the choice of 2 engines (600 or 700), 2 fuel systems (carb or efi), 3 suspension/track packages (std, sno pro with 1" lug, and sno pro with 1 3/8" lug), and then 3 colors (black, red or silver). 2x2x3x3 = 36. 4 versions were never produced, 32 were. A couple of these had only 2 units produced and more than a dozen versions had 5 or less. Silver was most poplular, with black and red a distant second and third. In all 12 possible versions of red, less than 100 were produced.

There was also El Tigre, Team Arctic, and Nightfire graphics in 2004. There was one version where only one unit was made: a 600 carb 1.375" SP Team Arctic Black.
jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 03:40 PM   #30 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
I'll share a bit of info from a good source. There were 36 versions of the 2004 Firecat "Fighter" available. You had the choice of 2 engines (600 or 700), 2 fuel systems (carb or efi), 3 suspension/track packages (std, sno pro with 1" lug, and sno pro with 1 3/8" lug), and then 3 colors (black, red or silver). 2x2x3x3 = 36. 4 versions were never produced, 32 were. A couple of these had only 2 units produced and more than a dozen versions had 5 or less. Silver was most poplular, with black and red a distant second and third. In all 12 possible versions of red, less than 100 were produced.

There was also El Tigre, Team Arctic, and Nightfire graphics in 2004. There was one version where only one unit was made: a 600 carb 1.375" SP Team Arctic Black.

Wow good info thanks so basically if you got a Red or Black Fighter Pilot , you have something pretty rare.....

GreenF7postlake,,, is that F6 for sale? lol :grinning:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement