V-Force 3 reeds and the Firecat Engines? - HCS Snowmobile Forums

XFire 128/Firecat(03-06 & 09-?) This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2009, 09:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
Advanced Member

I am looking to pick up V-Force 3 reeds for my F7.

I have done some forum reading, not necuesarily true, not this forum...and some guys were saying they are a waste on the laydown firecat engine, as tehy already use really good reeds that are very simialar...

Thouhgts?

Who has done it and noticed some nice gains...not going crazy on my sled, probably just doing y-pipe, pipe, clutch and maybe reeds???

legger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2009, 10:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Money could be better spent elsewhere - if you want to do reeds just do reed petals (boyesen, etc.) The results are the same at 1/4 the price.
F&F says:you did a great job with my vision
F&F says:coming from me.........you better frame that Print Screen I don't say that kind of stuff to offten
sledsearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
Advanced Member

I wont be paying retail...I have a buddy selling them to me much cheaper...he returned his sled to stock.

money aside, are they worth it?

Quote:
Money could be better spent elsewhere - if you want to do reeds just do reed petals (boyesen, etc.) The results are the same at 1/4 the price.[/b]
Old 01-27-2009, 10:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

I have the v force reed and a bunch of my buddies also have them i noticed it cleaned up the throttle response .. I also haven't had any problems with starting my sled warm or cold.. Alot of faster running firekittys i have seen running around use them so ..
DaMn FaSt MoDs!!! Modified BoonDocker Nitrous Kit , D&D Y Pipe , D&D Single Pipe , Air Box Mod ,Porting, V-Force III Reeds, 8" Wheel Kit , Chiseled Speed Track , , Secret Clutching!! *LEWIS Performance* & *T&J Racing* ARCTICCHAT
1BaD_A$$F7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

save your cash and buy beer or a clutch kit
seashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Looking of a good place not too far away to get some clutch work done...or buy the pieces at least.

I assume if I go pipe I defienelty need to tune the clutch...specially since it is the first thing I shoulda done from stock anyways right?

Lot of potential in clutching on the F7's? All my other firecats came clutched already...

Quote:
Money could be better spent elsewhere - if you want to do reeds just do reed petals (boyesen, etc.) The results are the same at 1/4 the price.[/b]
Old 01-27-2009, 10:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2008 Nytro MTX 153, 08 Crossfire 1000
Favorite Riding Area: Up North
Riding Since: 2001

Quote:
Looking of a good place not too far away to get some clutch work done...or buy the pieces at least.

I assume if I go pipe I defienelty need to tune the clutch...specially since it is the first thing I shoulda done from stock anyways right?

Lot of potential in clutching on the F7's? All my other firecats came clutched already...[/b]
I put reeds in and it made it more snappy on the throttle. I never got it dynoed, but im sure it didnt give any hp really, just more response. I thought it was worth it. I just have to pull more to start it warm.

as for the pipe yea you would want to clutch it for tuning. I bought a speedwerx hypershift clutch kit and it says it works well with the pipe. I love the bottem end I get with it. I can bury the sled an it will come out. I will get the pipe here pretty soon.
chechem84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Save your money, they also make it harder to start when warm, and lighten your wallet while they don't do anything.
my cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Advanced Member

how much harder to start could it be?

Quote:
Save your money, they also make it harder to start when warm, and lighten your wallet while they don't do anything.[/b]
Old 01-27-2009, 12:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

It sounds to me like your are convinced you want them. Nothing anyone says at this point is going to sway you so go for it!

Bottom line: dollar for dollar its not worth it. There are many more effetive ways to spend your money. However, If you have higher miles on the sled and your stock reeds are getting tired you will notice a difference, but no more significant then just installing a brand new set of stock reed petals.
F&F says:you did a great job with my vision
F&F says:coming from me.........you better frame that Print Screen I don't say that kind of stuff to offten
sledsearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement