BMP F7 Porting vs BMP F8 Kit - HCS Snowmobile Forums

XFire 128/Firecat(03-06 & 09-?) This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2008, 09:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

I'm debating on the next upgrade to get done to my 03 F7. I'm tearing my engine apart to send to BMP but I can't make up my mind whether to get the 700 cylinders ported or to go to the F8 kit... It seems like people have had really good luck with both but the price difference is quite a bit.. anyone with these mods or experience with them chime in please. I will be keeping the boondocker, 2 degree key, boss noss, and slp twins. I'm getting the case ported and the crank welded either way.... please help me with the pros and cons and what you guys would do... THANKS
2003 F7-Priceless Performance 800, BMP y-pipe, BMP Fat Azz pipe, Case Porting, 2.5 degree timing key, boondocker efi controller, Priceless Performance clutching, monster energy graphics, usi project-x skis, 9 inch studboy shaper bars, fox zero pro shocks, acerbis handguards, Boss seat, and a few lil things....
2001 ZL 600 EFI ESR-Pivot risor w/ fcat riser, fcat bars, acerbis handguards, custom clutching.
skippy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2008, 10:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
I'm debating on the next upgrade to get done to my 03 F7. I'm tearing my engine apart to send to BMP but I can't make up my mind whether to get the 700 cylinders ported or to go to the F8 kit... It seems like people have had really good luck with both but the price difference is quite a bit.. anyone with these mods or experience with them chime in please. I will be keeping the boondocker, 2 degree key, boss noss, and slp twins. I'm getting the case ported and the crank welded either way.... please help me with the pros and cons and what you guys would do... THANKS[/b]
if u want porting done i would send it to priceless performance it will be faster then it will if u send it to bmp... jason 989-889-0200.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 02zrt6
Previous Sled(s): 03F7
Favorite Riding Area: The UP
Riding Since: 1975

like moe says, go with priceless performance in gaylord.
mikef7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

why would anyone fool around with porting an f7 or f8 kit when there is all these engine tech f9 kits going for cheap. i know people that have owned them and they are bullet proof. 180hp with single pipe trail safe. way more torque than 7 or 8 kits.
powervalveba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
why would anyone fool around with porting an f7 or f8 kit when there is all these engine tech f9 kits going for cheap. i know people that have owned them and they are bullet proof. 180hp with single pipe trail safe. way more torque than 7 or 8 kits.[/b]

I am going to go with Bikeman... I already have a 1000 dollar credit there.. I'm just trying to figure out really how much of a difference I would have with the pipes and those two different engine combos. I suppose I could ditch the nitrous and go with the 800 kit without getting the crank welded...if its not that big of deal...IDK i'm so confused
2003 F7-Priceless Performance 800, BMP y-pipe, BMP Fat Azz pipe, Case Porting, 2.5 degree timing key, boondocker efi controller, Priceless Performance clutching, monster energy graphics, usi project-x skis, 9 inch studboy shaper bars, fox zero pro shocks, acerbis handguards, Boss seat, and a few lil things....
2001 ZL 600 EFI ESR-Pivot risor w/ fcat riser, fcat bars, acerbis handguards, custom clutching.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

If I were going to the extent that you are, I would true and weld the crank for reliability, might aswell make it perfect fro top to bottom. As far as what to go with..tough choice, both make good power but I think I'd go with the ported F7 and keep the spray, that way when you spank everything with larger displacement you can still say it's just a little ol' 700....when you do get the beast done get a nice vid of it so we can hear it go!
Old 10-27-2008, 11:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): :12' Big Turbo Cat, 13 800 RR

bikeman had reliability issues and price porting stands by his. customer service at bikeman isnt to hott

bigpoppa05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

I've heard nothing bad about Price's work but the question isn't who to go with...Like I said I have a 1000 dollar credit with bikeman so I just need help deciding on whether or not to go ported 700 or 800 big bore....
Old 10-27-2008, 01:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
bikeman had reliability issues and price porting stands by his. customer service at bikeman isnt to hott[/b]
i heard BMP east has good customer service though
BMP east is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

What is increased and by how much when a F7 is ported, as I have heard that "not a bunch can be done" to improve on the flow of this engine. I am curious to what is done to these cylinders?
catdog800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement