2005 F7 suspension problem - HCS Snowmobile Forums

XFire 128/Firecat(03-06 & 09-?) This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2017, 07:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

Current Sled(s): 2005 F7 EFI-R
Default 2005 F7 suspension problem

I recently purchased a 2005 f7 efi-r and yesterday was the first time I was able to take it out and ride put about 40miles on throughout the day anyways my issue was I could feel every little bump on the trail and even through a field or like where I live theres a long stretch of traol behind our local firehouse so I would get on the throttle a little and by the time I hit 50-60mph it started getting a little squirly any thoughts I would really appreciate it
IronRider91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2017, 09:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 3-1998 THUNDERCATS 03 F7 02 ZR 440 Polaris Ya
Previous Sled(s): John Deere Yamaha Arctic Cat Polaris Rupp
Favorite Riding Area: ICE
Riding Since: 1980

Welcome to HCS!
I would post rider weight, if it's a Sno Pro or not, if it happens with the skis up or down, Check that limiter straps centered. Check the alignment. Check springs are adjusted the same.....
ICEMANJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): "Agri-vator"

That, and pull the shocks out and have them rebuilt, when you're done riding for the year.,
stronger800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

Im about 170-180lbs fluctuate within that range but the sled isn't a snow pro however the rear shock is from the snow pro suspension the guy I bought it from just put that in instead of rebuilding the shock again and had the fronts redone about 2 weeks before I had bought it( had dated receipts), its only a problem when the skis are on the ground though
Old 03-20-2017, 11:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Is it a ski pressure and alignment problem? Does the machine sit level? Front to back and side to side. My limiters have been offset and messed up ride. I would also measure front shocks to get them set close to each other.
On the trail I run a pretty loose limiter strap and do a line it up and hit it type ride. The Firecat is not the most stable ride out there, it's more of a point and shoot when rideheight is high.
It would also be nice to know what your used to riding and what skis it had on it. Firecats have their own feel. Compared to my ZRs and ZRT Chassis I find the F less forgiving. It's lighter also so when something is off you feel it more......
Old 03-20-2017, 11:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

One other thing. If you're not used to the chassis I would go wheelie around a lake or field for an hour just to loosen up and find out where your body likes to be to get it to feel right.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:46 PM   #7 (permalink)

Right now im running stock skis on it im looking into getting a pair of c&a's by next year or at least replacing the carbides since I have 4s on there now im thinking im gonna get 6s ive been pretty cautious with the sled trying to get used to it since its been a few years since I've last rode I get what your saying about the straight and shoot though with the firecats thats part of the reason I got it just looking to get the suspension set to where it would be a little more comfortable, I rode my brothers zr900 a little bit since thats what im more familiar with are the z series just dont know really where I should start out first as far as making adjustments to get the suspension set for my riding style.... honestly this is the first sled that ive had to do anything with since when I was younger my uncle and father took care of all the maintenance and adjusting
Old 03-24-2017, 10:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 05 f7/800BB , 98 zr600 cce
Previous Sled(s): long list
Favorite Riding Area: here
Riding Since: 78

Fett Brothers , $400 and it will corner with a zr
Advertisement