Hardcore Sledder banner

600 cfi with Bikeman Pipe mod

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  BMP-TIM 
#1 ·
I spent the week-end out on the lake and tried many, many different clutching combinations and this is what I ended up with. I have the Bikeman pipe mod and their muffler. Temp was @22 degrees F. The lake had about a 1/4 mile of hard packed snow followed by a 1/4 mile of intermittent snow and ice followed by another 1/4 mile of hard packed snow. All top speeds occurred in the center section. I did all runs from about a 25 mph roll to avoid track spin. Stock gearing.

Primary: MTX weights built up to 68g. Team Black/Green spring
Secondary: Team 70-44-46 helix. Team Red/Black spring.

Max speed: consistently 108-109 (saw 110 once). 102-104 aginst wind.
Max Rpm: 8250. Gets there quickly and holds.
Both above are max recall on gage.

Great backshift. 4650 rpm engagement.

Thanks to all that answered my clutching questions here at HCS.

#10 ·
I just wanted to verify, you had to run 1/2 mile WOT to get those speeds? Trying to figure out if the mods are worth doing to my 600 CFI. I've been 102 on radar, packed snow, in less distance just stock...only 250 miles on it.
T[/b]
Not exactly. I'm guessing at the distances and I didn't just put it right to the bar. I started at a 25 mph roll and eased into the throttle to avoid track spin since I was using the max recall for my readings. Under those circumstances, somewhere between 1/4 mile and 1/2 mile is where I hit my top speeds.

#11 ·
Our pipe mod for the Fusion 600 works great! With a gutted airbox we saw an increase of 7 HP. This mod does not require jetting changes. It broadens your powerband and adds 3-4 HP through the midrange and 7 HP peak. Check out dynotech research for the dyno sheets. For $189.00 its bar none the best bang for the buck mod for the fusion 600. Our supertip fully adjustible clutch kit really works well on the fusion. We spent many hours tuning and perfecting this kit. You will see much larger gains in acceleration, not much in overall top speed. It makes the sled quicker not neccesarily faster top speed. Check out our website or give us a call for more details!
Thanks, Tim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.