Hardcore Sledder banner

TD Ben's sidewinder 136.5 mph 1320 feet

5K views 33 replies 16 participants last post by  31cccat 
#1 ·
Yesterday on soft ice warm weather.
Running the TD Ecu reflash at 18 to 19 psi

136.5 mph with TD GPS 1320 feet and backed it up with another 136.5 mph and a third pass at 136.3mph

Ran 142mph stalker radar just past the 1320 feet. (radar reads nearly 2 mph higher than td gps.)

Also ran 147 mph radar at 1800 feet.
Sled is a monster for a stock turbo stock motor running on mostly pump fuel.
It has 75% mix of 91 with 25% c16

A long time member of nbssr radar was there testing his ski doo as well.

https://youtu.be/nIDknONShno

Turbo Dynamics Arctic Cat 2012-2016 ZR9000 F1100T XF1100T M1100T, M9000 and Z1 turbo ECU reflash

See less See more
#14 ·
Not a fan but a lot of customer are loving them in the trail good belt durability and winning many drag races against other trail sleds.

When comparing my two sleds doing the same runs back when both were setup similar the yam ran cool clutches and cat hot... But none blew any belts. Yam was always faster significantly especially top speed.

http://www.turbodynamics.ca

#17 ·
I think a new topic on just clutching results/differences would be awesome for 2017-18s..

Then we can ask those who are making the clutch products or testing them on the trail to post results.

Seems a whole lot off emphasis is only being put on top speed this year

#19 ·
When I had the stock track on both sleds identical setups the yamaha was faster. The cat never really caught the yamaha. Right now my cat is pretty fast drag racing because it makes a lot of power and has stm clutches. But my yamaha still have stock clutches and killing it on the radar track.

I have yet to try the cat with stm clutches on the radar track. Maybe I should try it now I might be surprised.

http://www.turbodynamics.ca

#22 · (Edited)
Yep. Especially in the cat forums raving about the Yamaha clutching and we are ok with that. Lol. It should drive us to find the quick solutions and products to see if it's possible to compare apples to apples with some mods to the cat clutching. Everything else is the same. This is probably where the money's at boys... nobody talks about belt composition but we talk about heat..
!
It's a real shame to see posts like this......http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/326-arctic-cat/1718074-2017-arctic-cat-primary-sale.html

Brand new warrenteed componets being swapped off sleds worth 20g just because of these differences. I'm quite please with the stock ZR set up this year but I'm also a competitive guy that likes Improving... not looking to spend 3000 on new stm clutches just so I beat a stock SW if I could ever find one....

I see Yamaha is moving to more green this year in there decals so that's a positive.

#24 ·
Ben.
Question. You posted this awesome Radar run speed that you achieved on your Sidewinder with Yamaha Clutches on the Arctic Cat Forum.
I think its great that your tunes are working and I have read the same success stories on the Totally Yamaha site but my question is...are your tunes set up with Clutching in mind? Are you tuning for team clutches or does it matter ?

Its funny how the Yamaha forum talks highly about the team clutches, some even selling and buying Cats, and the Cat forum has guys promoting yamy.

#26 ·
We've been down this road. Cat is using the same clutches on a 600. Can they work and last on 200 HP stock 9000, maybe. At 250, 260, 280, etc upgrades will become necessary.

The Yamahas are blowing belts, some earlier than others, mostly in the trail and the boosted ones sound worse. The old Yammi clutches are no better. Doing speed runs on glare ice never blew belts on the 1100. I have seen lots and lots of big boosted Apexs not making a 500' pass as the belts fly off. It's not a Yammi vs Cat thing. Big heavy high HP sleds are hard on shit, get used to it.

#29 ·
Is the SW designed for it? Is it any different than what they ran on an Apex or Nytro? I have never owned or worked on a Yamaha so I have no idea.

I have seen no reports of Cats blowing belts, just some clutches that haven't held up well. On TY there are threads about belt blowing, there have also been pics on here about it. We know it's not the chassis if the Cats do not blow belts and the Yammis do.

#30 ·
many boosted yams on stock clutches in the past ...the new and improved clutching features yams first attempt at a roller secondary and team like design in the primary...can it handle 300 h.p.....I feel yes....does it need some tweaks for the first year out of the box...yes...to some degree the cats are on the 2nd year of their clutches with minor changes...Id still take the yam clutches for the long haul..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.