Hardcore Sledder banner

Stock sidewinder LTX-SE speeds

18K views 37 replies 19 participants last post by  **SJ** 
#1 ·
Just thought I'd share my first results. Sled is stock power/clutching/gearing. 192 1.575 woody's gold diggers in the stock 1.25" ripsaw2 track. Only 64 miles on the odo so far. (do your snow dance pls) Studded it last night so wanted to see how it hooked up on the ice out front my place. I was decent...a few spots would break crust and hit slush. But anyways..in about 1500-1800' blast. I saw 116mph at approx 8600 RPM. My first impressions is once motor loosens up, and in ideal conditions the stock sleds should be in the 120's

Attachments

See less See more
#33 ·
Mine showed that as well. It was actually a disappointing 107 MPH on the gun.
The good thing was, I was still able to beat all the other 4 guys in our group that day, and to me, that was all that mattered. LOL
Another guy that was there the same day had a hopped up V-Max 4, and he did 124 MPH in the same distance, same day. That was impressive. Loved the smell of the fuel he was using. LOL

#10 ·
Sled is geared for about 125 fully into overdrive. So for it to get to 116 on snow no where near broken in I think is pretty decent. Won't be much longer and it will get an extra 50+ HP. I'm not going to gear it any taller. Low 120's plenty fast enough for me...I just want it to get there even faster

#22 ·
ya i know they like to be loaded...just didn't feeling like getting into chaincase yet...but since the exhaust will already be off..haha....anyone gearing them up yet? Would a 22 top gear work with same chain? Or one tooth not enough. I ran 22/37 in my boosted 1100 and liked it...but that was also spinning at 8300 rpm...not the higher 998 rpms

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.