Bmp/nsp deadly combination - HCS Snowmobile Forums


Switchback Assault/SKS/RMK (AXYS Platform) This is a brand-specific forumand a 100% NO BASH Zone. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2017, 08:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
northstarrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6,857
Default Bmp/nsp deadly combination

customer at pats peak hill climb race this weekend took 2nd place 800 mod. and 2nd fastest time of the day.

2017 switchback assault. BMP pipe into the stock can with a tune. and a NORTHSTAR PERFORMANCE clutch kit.

this racing against full mod. sleds with nitrous and boost.

pretty good showing for bolt on performance parts.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Northstar Performance Products
Stage 1,2,3 clutch kits
Oil tank vent kits
Doo T-Stat bypass kits
Rush/Axys A-Arm bushing kits
550 fan upgrade kit

Our products have been race tested and proven all across North America!

Authorized dealer for
SLP
RK-Tek
WPS
US Chrome
Thunder Products
Automatic Distributors
Venom/Team Ind.
Redline Oil
Klotz Racing Synthetics
K100
northstarrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-02-2017, 10:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 379
Location: Cobourg ontario
14-15 Mileage: 600
13-14 Mileage: 700
Default

Goddamm. That's impressive dude, like mad impressive

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk
'Dat Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 10:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
northstarrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Dat Speed View Post
Goddamm. That's impressive dude, like mad impressive

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk
yup this sled absolutely cranks. just stupid fast for what it is.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Northstar Performance Products
Stage 1,2,3 clutch kits
Oil tank vent kits
Doo T-Stat bypass kits
Rush/Axys A-Arm bushing kits
550 fan upgrade kit

Our products have been race tested and proven all across North America!

Authorized dealer for
SLP
RK-Tek
WPS
US Chrome
Thunder Products
Automatic Distributors
Venom/Team Ind.
Redline Oil
Klotz Racing Synthetics
K100
northstarrick is online now   Reply With Quote
 
Old 04-02-2017, 10:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
ry3an7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 783
Current Sled(s): 2017 SB Pro S LE Lime Squeeze
Previous Sled(s): 09 600 IQ Shift- backup, 03 340 Indy
Location: Watertown, WI
Favorite Riding Area: Western UP & Boulder Jctn, WI
16-17 Mileage: 650
15-16 Mileage: 700 :(
14-15 Mileage: 950
13-14 Mileage: 1300
Age: 25
Riding Since: 1993
Default

This makes me excited for the next engine/chassis in a couple years. A new engine with this skid, which I'm sure is here to stay for a while, will wax the 850. I'm sure cat has something up its sleeves too, especially with its new deep pockets. I love my Axys but I already can't wait to order a '21 when the warranty is up
__________________
Bone stock 09 600 IQ Shift
9500 miles on the original motor.
2017 SB Pro S LE Lime Squeeze w/ a 1.5" Rip II
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
aka Mr. Piss
ry3an7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 07:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
northstarrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ry3an7 View Post
This makes me excited for the next engine/chassis in a couple years. A new engine with this skid, which I'm sure is here to stay for a while, will wax the 850. I'm sure cat has something up its sleeves too, especially with its new deep pockets. I love my Axys but I already can't wait to order a '21 when the warranty is up
this sled waxes the 850 now. matter of fact it got 2nd at a radar run. again the heavy mod. sled that beat it was also the fastest sled of the day.

i have a customer with a SLP pipe and our clutch kit. it took 1st place at a radar run.

both run very close to each other. never lined them up by by going by the speedo 116 mph. for both.

we can beat the 850 doo or just about any other sled on the lake top. we are just a call away. the other nice thing is totally reliability with both set-ups. one with 3200 miles one with 3000.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Northstar Performance Products
Stage 1,2,3 clutch kits
Oil tank vent kits
Doo T-Stat bypass kits
Rush/Axys A-Arm bushing kits
550 fan upgrade kit

Our products have been race tested and proven all across North America!

Authorized dealer for
SLP
RK-Tek
WPS
US Chrome
Thunder Products
Automatic Distributors
Venom/Team Ind.
Redline Oil
Klotz Racing Synthetics
K100
northstarrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 11:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
jmaxdox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 488
Current Sled(s): 17 ASSAULT 800, 16 ProS 800, 17 Voyageur 155"
Previous Sled(s): 2015 Pro-S 800, 2013 Pro-R 800, 2010 Rush 600, 1995 XLT 600
Location: MAINE
Favorite Riding Area: Western Mountains of Maine
16-17 Mileage: 650 Ouchie
15-16 Mileage: 1365
14-15 Mileage: 2300mi
13-14 Mileage: 1800mi
Age: 45
Riding Since: 1980
Default

How many of these BMP Pipes have you set up with your Clutching Rick?

Is the Tune you speak of the BMP tune on a Bully Dog?

I've run the SSI Pipe Mod with Power Commander mapping, The SLP set up and now the Jaws which initially was given rave reviews then went to a not so much 50/50 satisfaction later?

The SSI was good for me. Some say it had a lot of DET issues. For me one sled ran without issues. The other sled drew DET's in Non-Eth but OK in Eth mode. Pipe had good power but noticably would lose power on real long pulls. As far as tight trail riding goes I liked it.

The SLP was great for the low HP findings some found on Dyno?? Could have fooled me. I thought it ripped and had the best Tone. Maine Can Laws led me to try something else.

The Jaws for me seems to work fine with your clutching. I guess some people weren't impressed. Not 100% sure here with my findings but supposably it pulls 8-9hp on 2015 and 2016 Axys 800's but fell to only 2hp on the 2017 models because Polaris changed the timing in the ECU. Maybe this has something to do with some of the complaints? I haven't done any Dyno runs myself so these findings are here say although I feel the origin of the findings to be given by reputable people that do a lot of testing. I've been given mapping to change the Timing and Fuel for much better performance but have yet to try it to confirm actual improvements.

As far as BMP.... I think I'll hold off for more reports before I Jump on the wagon. Too often I find Great stories of New Pipes develop differing opinions of performance as more people run them. Is BMP the Real Deal???? How much for the Pipe and the Controller w/ Tune?
jmaxdox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 06:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 22
Location: Georgianbay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaxdox View Post
How many of these BMP Pipes have you set up with your Clutching Rick?

Is the Tune you speak of the BMP tune on a Bully Dog?

I've run the SSI Pipe Mod with Power Commander mapping, The SLP set up and now the Jaws which initially was given rave reviews then went to a not so much 50/50 satisfaction later?

The SSI was good for me. Some say it had a lot of DET issues. For me one sled ran without issues. The other sled drew DET's in Non-Eth but OK in Eth mode. Pipe had good power but noticably would lose power on real long pulls. As far as tight trail riding goes I liked it.

The SLP was great for the low HP findings some found on Dyno?? Could have fooled me. I thought it ripped and had the best Tone. Maine Can Laws led me to try something else.

The Jaws for me seems to work fine with your clutching. I guess some people weren't impressed. Not 100% sure here with my findings but supposably it pulls 8-9hp on 2015 and 2016 Axys 800's but fell to only 2hp on the 2017 models because Polaris changed the timing in the ECU. Maybe this has something to do with some of the complaints? I haven't done any Dyno runs myself so these findings are here say although I feel the origin of the findings to be given by reputable people that do a lot of testing. I've been given mapping to change the Timing and Fuel for much better performance but have yet to try it to confirm actual improvements.

As far as BMP.... I think I'll hold off for more reports before I Jump on the wagon. Too often I find Great stories of New Pipes develop differing opinions of performance as more people run them. Is BMP the Real Deal???? How much for the Pipe and the Controller w/ Tune?
So the jaws pipe on a 17 swa is only making 2hp? I'm seeing 115mph on mine with only jaws pipe and 10-68 weights, that's on speedo not max recall, and I'm fully studded and weigh 270 with gear on!
Canack1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 06:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 22
Location: Georgianbay
Default

Maybe I have a good one
Canack1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 10:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
northstarrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaxdox View Post
How many of these BMP Pipes have you set up with your Clutching Rick?

Is the Tune you speak of the BMP tune on a Bully Dog?

I've run the SSI Pipe Mod with Power Commander mapping, The SLP set up and now the Jaws which initially was given rave reviews then went to a not so much 50/50 satisfaction later?

The SSI was good for me. Some say it had a lot of DET issues. For me one sled ran without issues. The other sled drew DET's in Non-Eth but OK in Eth mode. Pipe had good power but noticably would lose power on real long pulls. As far as tight trail riding goes I liked it.

The SLP was great for the low HP findings some found on Dyno?? Could have fooled me. I thought it ripped and had the best Tone. Maine Can Laws led me to try something else.

The Jaws for me seems to work fine with your clutching. I guess some people weren't impressed. Not 100% sure here with my findings but supposably it pulls 8-9hp on 2015 and 2016 Axys 800's but fell to only 2hp on the 2017 models because Polaris changed the timing in the ECU. Maybe this has something to do with some of the complaints? I haven't done any Dyno runs myself so these findings are here say although I feel the origin of the findings to be given by reputable people that do a lot of testing. I've been given mapping to change the Timing and Fuel for much better performance but have yet to try it to confirm actual improvements.

As far as BMP.... I think I'll hold off for more reports before I Jump on the wagon. Too often I find Great stories of New Pipes develop differing opinions of performance as more people run them. Is BMP the Real Deal???? How much for the Pipe and the Controller w/ Tune?
four. our pro-x 2015, the one that ran at pat's peak and two in canada that run the bmp pipe and our clutching. both bully dog with BMP tune and BMP pipe with no tune.

we ran the pipe mod and it performed very well on most sleds? then 2016 and a lot of guys that i told to do the pipe mod had det issue's? after a lot of time involved in finding a answer it was determined the polaris mapping and timing change was a issue.

SLP pipe loves our clutching. is easy to tune and is the best pipe for the money spent. but we have had some fitment issues and cracked pipes? all covered by SLP. stand up company. and we trust them with any motor mods etc that we have them do.

greg at JAWS is another highly respected guy. go to any drag race, etc. and look around. a lot of guys running JAWS pipes. greg told me upfront that his pipe was dyno tuned to the stock axys set-up. and it works. period. but our clutching loads the motor hard. it didn't like it as much as the others? but i have a # of guys with the JAWS pipe and our clutch kits that run as good as anything out there?

this is the issue. the full BMP set-up isn't cheap. the bully dog is $700 w/the tune. the price of a SLP pipe/can combo.(retail) we sell the SLP pipe for $650 the BMP pipe is $500 so $1200 for a BMP pipe and bully dog with a tune vs. $719 for a SLP pipe. the clutching is extra for both.

this is our finding's the SLP, vs. JAWS,vs. BMP, SLP PIPE/CAN agaisnt JAWS AND BMP into the stock ex. can. the SLP pipe has a slim advantage. you can throw a blanket over them. but if running multiple runs the JAWS pipe shows it's advantage and doesn't heat fade.

the two that either have a resistor (SLP) or a programer (BMP) there is a clear winner. BMP but it does cost more? so pick your poison? it really comes down to money? and if being first across the lake by a length is worth the extra coin?

best bang for your money is our clutch kit. but i think you know that?
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Northstar Performance Products
Stage 1,2,3 clutch kits
Oil tank vent kits
Doo T-Stat bypass kits
Rush/Axys A-Arm bushing kits
550 fan upgrade kit

Our products have been race tested and proven all across North America!

Authorized dealer for
SLP
RK-Tek
WPS
US Chrome
Thunder Products
Automatic Distributors
Venom/Team Ind.
Redline Oil
Klotz Racing Synthetics
K100
northstarrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 10:34 PM   #10 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
northstarrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canack1 View Post
So the jaws pipe on a 17 swa is only making 2hp? I'm seeing 115mph on mine with only jaws pipe and 10-68 weights, that's on speedo not max recall, and I'm fully studded and weigh 270 with gear on!
how far of a run? do you see 107 mph in 1000' on the snow? or 91 in 660'?
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Northstar Performance Products
Stage 1,2,3 clutch kits
Oil tank vent kits
Doo T-Stat bypass kits
Rush/Axys A-Arm bushing kits
550 fan upgrade kit

Our products have been race tested and proven all across North America!

Authorized dealer for
SLP
RK-Tek
WPS
US Chrome
Thunder Products
Automatic Distributors
Venom/Team Ind.
Redline Oil
Klotz Racing Synthetics
K100
northstarrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:21 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.