Bmp/nsp deadly combination - Page 5 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Switchback Assault/SKS/RMK (AXYS Platform) This is a brand-specific forumand a 100% NO BASH Zone. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2017, 06:18 AM   #41 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledlover View Post
What is the spacer for?
raise clutch engagement and full shift spring pressure by a bit? a 120/310 spring is what we do. it likes that o.k.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Northstar Performance Products
Stage 1,2,3 clutch kits
Oil tank vent kits
Doo T-Stat bypass kits
Rush/Axys A-Arm bushing kits
550 fan upgrade kit

Our products have been race tested and proven all across North America!

Authorized dealer for
SLP
RK-Tek
WPS
US Chrome
Thunder Products
Automatic Distributors
Venom/Team Ind.
Redline Oil
Klotz Racing Synthetics
K100
northstarrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2017, 07:15 AM   #42 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 17 ASSAULT 800, 16 ProS 800, 17 Voyageur 155"
Previous Sled(s): 2015 Pro-S 800, 2013 Pro-R 800, 2010 Rush 600, 1995 XLT 600
Favorite Riding Area: Western Mountains of Maine
16-17 Mileage: 650 Ouchie
15-16 Mileage: 1365
14-15 Mileage: 2300mi
13-14 Mileage: 1800mi
Riding Since: 1980

The Jaws pipe works best on 2015 and 2016 Axys sleds. If you have a 2017 and you're not 100% satisfied as some are saying... Add a Fuel controller.
Reason: Polaris changed the timing on the 2017 motors. The Jaws pipe didn't like the timing change and it isn't as powerful as it was on the 15's and 16's.
In fairness, I haven't heard anybody bragging about how well the BMP Pipe is working without a controller. "RIGHT?"

(( I will be testing this theory myself next year. Research from testers tells me this. ))

Curious if NorthStar Rick has any insight as to if it was 2017's that were lagging with this pipe. This might not be a problem with the pipe as a whole but rather a new problem on 17's from Polaris timing changes in the ECU? From what I've heard this is the problem?
jmaxdox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:23 AM   #43 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2015 AXYS Pr-S SB Ann 800, 2000 XCR 800
Previous Sled(s): 2003 XCR 1100, 98 XCR racer, 2005 Redline Revolt 800.
Favorite Riding Area: Cadillac, Gaylord
15-16 Mileage: 930
14-15 Mileage: 1280+
Riding Since: 1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaxdox View Post
The Jaws pipe works best on 2015 and 2016 Axys sleds. If you have a 2017 and you're not 100% satisfied as some are saying... Add a Fuel controller.
Reason: Polaris changed the timing on the 2017 motors. The Jaws pipe didn't like the timing change and it isn't as powerful as it was on the 15's and 16's.
In fairness, I haven't heard anybody bragging about how well the BMP Pipe is working without a controller. "RIGHT?"

(( I will be testing this theory myself next year. Research from testers tells me this. ))

Curious if NorthStar Rick has any insight as to if it was 2017's that were lagging with this pipe. This might not be a problem with the pipe as a whole but rather a new problem on 17's from Polaris timing changes in the ECU? From what I've heard this is the problem?
I installed the BMP pipe on my 2015 without a Bully Dog tuner for the first test of 100+ miles.
It was around 25-30 degrees ambient temps. Was pulling at around 8150-8200 with stock pipe and 10-68 weights using a 120-340 Polaris black/green spring. Pulled about 8300 at WOT, so gained approx 100-150 rpm. This is a sure hp gain over stock. With BD and a BMP stage I tune, it pulls 8350-8400+. In fact it outran my riding buddy's 2001 XCR top end in a hardpack road race to around 105-110 mph.

To my knowledge, no dyno test of the 2017 XCR 800 HO Polaris has confirmed any loss of timing after breakin. The DTR test where it was tested did show a loss and was assumed to be retarded about 2 degrees due to being still in breakin mode. They temporarily fixed it using a PCV tuner.

In fact, my friend has a well studded 2017 XCR 800 with 10-68 weights and stock gold spring running at 8250 rpms at around 1000 miles and it's only a little bit slower stock than mine is with pipe and BD, so it runs very hard if down on hp. And he weighs 40-50 lbs more than me.
patrioticinnovations is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-20-2017, 09:59 AM   #44 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 800 AXYS
Favorite Riding Area: NY

The xcr track pitch is faster can't really compare
snowmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:21 PM   #45 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2015 AXYS Pr-S SB Ann 800, 2000 XCR 800
Previous Sled(s): 2003 XCR 1100, 98 XCR racer, 2005 Redline Revolt 800.
Favorite Riding Area: Cadillac, Gaylord
15-16 Mileage: 930
14-15 Mileage: 1280+
Riding Since: 1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmachine View Post
The xcr track pitch is faster can't really compare
Most magazines report that the 2.52 pitch track is only marginally faster than the 2.86 pitch.

Besides, we raced before he installed the 10-68 weights and my Pro-S was much faster. His sled was revving too high before that weight change. I suspect the recent 2017 XCR racing the competitor sleds at the Amsnow Real World field test and showing the XCR as very slow had the same issue.
patrioticinnovations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:39 PM   #46 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2017 SB Pro S LE Lime Squeeze
Previous Sled(s): 09 600 IQ Shift- backup, 03 340 Indy
Favorite Riding Area: Western UP & Boulder Jctn, WI
16-17 Mileage: 650
15-16 Mileage: 700 :(
14-15 Mileage: 950
13-14 Mileage: 1300
Riding Since: 1993

I can feel my SB drop off a bit when it gets up to 8450-8500. It's getting 10-68s and 1.73 gears this fall.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
aka Mr. Piss
ry3an7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:00 AM   #47 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaxdox View Post

we tested the three pipes. no controller on BMP,JAWS,AND SLP. the SLP pipe and there can and resistor. as one would think the SLP piped sled was faster. not by much. all out ran a stock sled. this with no clutch changes. stock gearing/clutching.

then we put our stage 2 in the other wise stock sled. and spanked all of the above. pretty badly.

then we made the clutching changes using each company's recommendations. and or kits.

SLP and our clutched/geared sled ran head to head. our kit beat the SLP set-up sled 2 out of three runs. with BMP running a very close second. JAWS a tad behind that.

then we put our clutch and gearing in the BMP sled. and it ran away from everything else. no controller. then our clutch kit in the SLP piped sled. and these two were side by side. no clear winner. our just clutched sled was 2-3 lengths behind.

we couldn't get the JAWS pipe sled to run better then on the stock sled gear/clutching? don't no why?

then the BMP pipe, bully dog with a tune, and our clutch kit. no comparison. gone would be the word.

this was all on the same day. two pro-s and one pro-x with a track/gear change to make the hole shot fair. the pro-s sleds both 16's the pro-x a 15. we couldn't come up with three identical sleds. but we ran them stock with the same tracks and gearing and clutching as would come stock they all ran very close trading wins.

we have tried all kinds of things with the JAWS pipe. we can't get a gain other then stock set-up. this was changing the timing? the other two saw even more by messing with timing changes.

but we found a secret to the 800 h.o. power that could be a very cheap power up grade. we ran out of winter. so this will be tested next year. we are starting to find ways to by-pass all these safety parameters polaris has on these sleds. by fooling the ecu. big gains here. and one of the biggest will be being able to come off the trail and line up on a lake with the pipe temp at 1000 degrees + or the ecu thinks this. it advances the timing instead of retarding it? big difference here.

we haven't tested the JAWS pipe on a 2017 sled. but have sold three that were used on 2017's. no complaint's? and the only feed back from one guy. said the sled ripped. our clutch kit and the JAWS pipe? others have called us to try to find out what was wrong? sleds with our clutch kits and others that just didn't go? one guy i had him remove the pipe and put the stock ex. back on. it woke right up tuning 8200-8300 where with the pipe 7900-8000?

so i guess it's hit or miss on these?

Northstar Performance Products
Stage 1,2,3 clutch kits
Oil tank vent kits
Doo T-Stat bypass kits
Rush/Axys A-Arm bushing kits
550 fan upgrade kit

Our products have been race tested and proven all across North America!

Authorized dealer for
SLP
RK-Tek
WPS
US Chrome
Thunder Products
Automatic Distributors
Venom/Team Ind.
Redline Oil
Klotz Racing Synthetics
K100

Last edited by northstarrick; 04-21-2017 at 08:07 AM.
northstarrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:35 PM   #48 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 17 ASSAULT 800, 16 ProS 800, 17 Voyageur 155"
Previous Sled(s): 2015 Pro-S 800, 2013 Pro-R 800, 2010 Rush 600, 1995 XLT 600
Favorite Riding Area: Western Mountains of Maine
16-17 Mileage: 650 Ouchie
15-16 Mileage: 1365
14-15 Mileage: 2300mi
13-14 Mileage: 1800mi
Riding Since: 1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstarrick View Post
we tested the three pipes. no controller on BMP,JAWS,AND SLP. the SLP pipe and there can and resistor. as one would think the SLP piped sled was faster. not by much. all out ran a stock sled. this with no clutch changes. stock gearing/clutching.

then we put our stage 2 in the other wise stock sled. and spanked all of the above. pretty badly.

then we made the clutching changes using each company's recommendations. and or kits.

SLP and our clutched/geared sled ran head to head. our kit beat the SLP set-up sled 2 out of three runs. with BMP running a very close second. JAWS a tad behind that.

then we put our clutch and gearing in the BMP sled. and it ran away from everything else. no controller. then our clutch kit in the SLP piped sled. and these two were side by side. no clear winner. our just clutched sled was 2-3 lengths behind.

we couldn't get the JAWS pipe sled to run better then on the stock sled gear/clutching? don't no why?

then the BMP pipe, bully dog with a tune, and our clutch kit. no comparison. gone would be the word.

this was all on the same day. two pro-s and one pro-x with a track/gear change to make the hole shot fair. the pro-s sleds both 16's the pro-x a 15. we couldn't come up with three identical sleds. but we ran them stock with the same tracks and gearing and clutching as would come stock they all ran very close trading wins.

we have tried all kinds of things with the JAWS pipe. we can't get a gain other then stock set-up. this was changing the timing? the other two saw even more by messing with timing changes.

but we found a secret to the 800 h.o. power that could be a very cheap power up grade. we ran out of winter. so this will be tested next year. we are starting to find ways to by-pass all these safety parameters polaris has on these sleds. by fooling the ecu. big gains here. and one of the biggest will be being able to come off the trail and line up on a lake with the pipe temp at 1000 degrees + or the ecu thinks this. it advances the timing instead of retarding it? big difference here.

we haven't tested the JAWS pipe on a 2017 sled. but have sold three that were used on 2017's. no complaint's? and the only feed back from one guy. said the sled ripped. our clutch kit and the JAWS pipe? others have called us to try to find out what was wrong? sleds with our clutch kits and others that just didn't go? one guy i had him remove the pipe and put the stock ex. back on. it woke right up tuning 8200-8300 where with the pipe 7900-8000?

so i guess it's hit or miss on these?
Thanks Rick for sharing your testing reports.
jmaxdox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement